1st Individual Assignment
Translate each of the following expressions into most accepted Indonesian! (Write your answers in the reply section below. First, identify yourself (name and student register number) and then put your answer to each item successively. Deadline: Saturday, October 1, 2016).
- Investments in public education will enhance national prosperity and support stable families and communities.
- Look, young ladies, you-all shouldn’t be doing that.
- Most students regard learning as simply the outcome of their study or their experience in college, but they rarely reflect upon it much further.
- Keep the children out of the sun.
- Usually employed as an extracurricular activity, educational contests have proved effective in many fields of study.
- What an effective achievement! It’s like killing two birds with a stone.
- The study of translation and the training of professional translators is without question an integral part of the explosion of both intercultural relations and the transmission of scientific and technological knowledge.
- It’s raining cats and dogs.
- One of the characteristic features of translation teaching is the combination of knowledge and skills.
- It’s really a lovely music. Nobody doesn’t like it.
The evaluation sheet of some of the students’ answers to the exercise above could be seen or downloaded from here.